How To Value Your Emerald Ring
How do you value your emerald ring online? That's a hard question but you can get a basic range following the steps at the bottom of the page.
More platforms are coming online for buying and selling fine jewelry for professional jewelers. For consumers the best place to help put a valuation range on your emerald ring is eBay.
You'll have to know some basic information about your emerald ring, such as the size of the emerald stone in carats and whether your emerald ring is natural or lab created. Otherwise, it's virtually impossible to value your emerald ring online.
The main factors that you'll need in assessing the value of your emerald ring are the following:
Emerald weight is measured in carats, common carat weight examples are 1 and 2 carat emerald rings.
The color of your emerald ring is directly correlated to the value. Deeper green emeralds are typically more valuable
Quality (Natural, Treated, Simulated, & Lab-Created)
The quality of your emerald ring is extremely important. For valuation purposes, we will need to classify your emerald ring's quality as one of the following:
Valuation Steps (eBay)
1. Go to eBay.com, and type "emerald rings" in the search bar, or click here to go directly
2. Narrow down your results by checking off the exact characteristics of your emerald ring, most imporantly:
- Main Stone Color
- Main Stone Creation (natural, simulated, etc)
- Main Stone Treatment
- Total Carat Weight
The more boxes you can check off, especially related to the choices above, will give you a more accurate valuation range
3. Sort your listings by "Price + Shipping: highest first". Click on a few of the emerald rings listed and review their description to ensure same characterstics. This sets your top price range.
4. Sort your listings by "Price + Shipping: lowest first". Perform the same due diligence as (3), and this sets your bottom price range.
5. The valuation price range for your emerald ring has now been established using eBay!